Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sewing Machines

Over at Sew, Mama, Sew (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=812) it is Sewing Machine Month! She has kicked off a Sewing Machine Meme and we have to tell everyone about our sewing machines. This will help anyone that is looking for a new sewing machine, or needs to know more about their current machine.

What brand and model do you have? My main machine is the Janome 6600 but I also have a Janome 300E (embroidery only), Singer Red Eye Treadle, 99K, and several Featherweights.
How long have you had it? About 4 years
How much does that machine cost (approximately)? ???$1999.00
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? Anything I can get my hands on...LOL...mainly quilts, but also bags, pillowcases (recently) and home dec.
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get? Right now it has been getting 20+ hours a week.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name? I love this machine. Previously I had the Janome 9000 that was sewing/embroidery. I couldn't sew and embroidery at the same time. Now I can.
What features does your machine have that work well for you? Needle Up/Down
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine? Nothing at all
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it! No
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why? Yes, I would recommend this machine, or actually any Janome machine. My very first machine was a Brother from Walmart and had so many problems with it. Other than my vintage machines I have only had Janome since.
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? As far as the sewing I do, Needle Up/Down, a good blanket stitch for machine applique, and I do like the fonts for labels on my quilts.
Do you have a dream machine? My dream machine would be the BIGGEST Gammill they make in PINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment